CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

7 Things for which I'm Thankful

Andrea at Royal Family was tagged by Katie to post 7 things she was thankful for aside from the usual stuff like family, a home and peace on earth, so I thought I'd tag myself for a little pre-Thanksgiving fun.

1. I am thankful for caller ID. You never know when you need to screen!

2. Like Andrea, I am thankful for my hairstylist as well. I've been with Sherry since 2000 and she has never once disappointed me. I had a horrible color experience in 1999 and I didn't want to try to color my hair EVER again. But Sherry came highly recommended by my friend Kari so I took a chance. May the Lord help me if Sherry decides to retire!

3. I am thankful for my dishwasher. I hated hand washing dishes when I was a kid! I swore I wouldn't do it in my own house and it can never be over loaded! :)

4. I am thankful for children's hair salons. After hearing horror story after horror story of parents taking kids to regular salons, I decided to just take Little Brian to a childrens salon and I couldn't be happier with the results. However, the Jon Ric salon we were going to closed with no notice and we've moved to Pigtails and Crewcuts by the Mall of GA.

5. I love my car. I had always wanted an Expedition and my hubby surprised me with one as my Valentine's gift the year Little Brian was born. I am very thankful for the magic clicker that locks and unlocks the car with ease! My old car didn't have one and I've become spoiled with it!

6. I'm thankful that my employer believes in tuition reimbursement. Since we've grown our family from two to three, our bank account has grown smaller and smaller. I wouldn't be able to go back for my Master's without assistance. Thanks Kiel Laboratories!

7. I'm thankful for Food Network. It helped me find my inner chef. I can't get enough of Paula's Home Cooking , 30 Minute Meals, Everyday Italian, and Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee.

Finally, I want to say that I'm very thankful for my hubby and my son as well as my mom, dad and sister! I couldn't ask for a more loving or supportive family.

From our house to yours, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

(P.S. Start your planning now for the best deals for the day after Thanksgiving! I'll be one of the crazies you see on the news that was at the Mall of GA at 4:30!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you did the gratitude list! loved reading yours. I love the Food Network even thought i don't really cook-i watch it anyways. I love Barefoot Contessa!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!! :)

Andrea said...

OOPS! I fogot to tag people. Glad you figured that out!

Caller ID-now that's a good one! I am definitely thankful for that too.

I may see you at the MAll of GA on Friday, that is if you stay for a while. I won't be able to get there that early!