CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

AWANA

Little Brian "officially" started the AWANA program at my mother's church today. He went last week for a trial run and did beautifully. He is in the Puggles class.
(A Puggle is a nickname for a platypus.)

Nanny and Little Brian before Puggles.

I am so excited for this opportunity for Little Brian. He's so happy in the class, learning about God's love for him and making new friends. I was afraid he might experience separation anxiety but he took to the class like a "platypus" to water. :) It also helps me, as a first time, overprotective mom, that my mother teaches the 4 year old class and is close by. This is the first time he's stayed with anyone outside of the immediate family. So naturally, I was worried for him and my leaving him. But he is in the most capable of hands with this teachers. Miss Stacy, who's son is three weeks younger than Brian, is so sweet and Miss Martha is like a surrogate grandmother. God is so good to answer my prayers!

0 comments: