CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Lazy Summer Afternoons

I love summer time. When you get home, get out of those work clothes and just have nothing in the world to do. My hubby was cutting grass when we got home last night and Little Brian decided that he wanted to go for a spin in his car. He recently learned how to ride around in it himself, instead of Mommy and Daddy pushing him.

Beep Beep. Outa the way!


Where am I going?




I'm tired of smiling for these pictures!

On a side note, when I picked Little Brian up at Nanny Sylvia's and Papa Herbert's yesterday, their house smelled so good of home cooking. Sylvia said she had cooked fried squash and potatoes for lunch for Little Brian and Carter. Little Brian loved it! I was surprised and she said he was eating them like there was no tomorrow, much to the point to where she thought he would be sick. Well, I asked her for the recipe and it seemed simple. Little Brian and I went to Walmart for some groceries and to see the "lobbers" and "ish". (I think we might be investing in a goldfish soon.) I picked up some squash and had a go at it. I had never done it before so I was hoping it would turn out good. It was great! My hubby said it tasted just like Sylvia's, which is a great compliment as she is an EXCELLENT cook. All I have to say is" Watch out Paula Deen, Caitlin Senter is on her way." :)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Cute pics!! Don't you just love a new recipe that works!??

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm hanging in there!

Caron said...

Sounds yummy! You'll have to post the recipe... if it's not top secret ;)

He looks precious in his car... you'll have to save it to frame it next his picture with his real car at 16!!